1. Personal Information
When used in this policy, the term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and includes any information that we collect that personally identifies you, your business or you are reasonably identifiable from. To the extent information provided on behalf of an entity (including Sole Traders, Partnerships and Corporations) is also information relating to an individual or individuals, such information may also be personal information under this policy.
2. Personal Information Collected
The types of personal information we may collect from you includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- names and addresses;
- phone numbers;
- email details;
- social details;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- website addresses; and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of the products and services. If we are providing you with additional products and services, the types of personal information we may collect from you may include, without limitation: any other information provided for the purposes of providing additional products and services.
3. Cookies and Statistical Analysis
- server address;
- domain name;
- date and time of visit;
- previous websites visited;
- browser type and operating system; and location data;
4. How Personal Information is Collected
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so. We do this in ways including:
- by way of dealing with you in person;
- over the telephone;
- through the Services (including details entered upon registration for use of the Services or use of any of the template documents) or email server; and through customer feedback or survey forms.
We may also collect personal information from a third party where you have consented to the personal information being provided by the third party (for example, where an employer provides information about one of their employees to the Services for the purpose of using our products and services).
5. Purpose of Collecting, Holding, Using and Disclosing Personal Information
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities, functions and services and to provide customer products and services effectively. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the Products to you;
- to personalise and customise your experience with our products and services;
- to manage our products and services;.
- to provide you with information about our existing and new products and services (including for direct marketing purposes);
- to investigate any complaints about, or made by, you;
- to verify your identity;
- to investigate any suspected breach of any of our terms and conditions or unlawful activity engaged in by you; and as required or permitted by any law.
- In addition, where you request or authorise us: to allow third parties to provide additional products and services to you; If you do not provide us with the personal information described in this policy:
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you requested;
- we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you requested;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of the Products to your preferences and your experience of the Product may therefore not be useful.
Personal information collected for marketing purposes may be communicated to a third party where you have consented to the personal information being provided to the third party (for example, agreeing to provide information for directed marketing, including but not limited to, discounts, offers and promotions).
6. Direct Marketing Materials
We may use personal information for direct marketing reasons, including updating you on our latest products, services and news. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS or email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws. You can opt out of this service at any time by using any of our unsubscribe mechanisms or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related contractors or external service providers for the operation of the products and services or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and otherwise to provide products and services to you;
- our existing business partners or joint venture entities or partners to enable us to perform our business activities
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- previous websites visited;
- relevant authorities and institutions including the Australian Tax Office, banks and superannuation providers relating to the provision of the Services, and the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body.
8. Storage & Security of Personal Information
To provide the Services, My ID Card contracts with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Australia who store data on secure data centres within Australia. Further details on AWS’s location and security can be found online. While we take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our system, we cannot provide any guarantee regarding security of the personal information and other data transmitted to My ID Card and we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information. My ID Card’s team is recruited, trained and managed by My ID Card management and access to personal information is subject to the same security and control procedures and policies across our whole business. Where we disclose data overseas, we are required to take measures to ensure your information is treated in accordance with at least the standards that apply in Australia (other than when compelled to make disclosure under local laws). We allow you to access your information at any time to keep it accurate and up to date. You can also play an important role in keeping your personal information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the Services. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user, or any other breach of security relating to your account at email@example.com.
The Products and Services may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices and policies. 10. Access to and Correction of your Personal Information If you wish to verify or correct any of the details you have submitted to us, you may do so by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to access the information which we hold about you and for corrections to be made to this information. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal personal information. This proof of identity will take the form of your e-mail address and password submitted upon registration. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which we take in response to a request from someone using your email and password.
11. Contact Us
We recognise that privacy is important and we are committed to protecting your Personal Information and ensuring it is only used in accordance with our policy. Should you have any questions or you would like to raise a concern or complaint about how we have handled your Personal Information, please email us at email@example.com. Once we receive a complaint, whether it is in writing or verbal means, we will endeavour to commence an investigation as soon as practicable. The investigator will endeavour to determine the nature of the breach and how it occurred. We may contact you during the process to seek any further clarification if necessary. We will also contact you to inform you of the outcome of the investigation and where a breach is found we will discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they can be resolved. We will aim to ensure that all questions and concerns are resolved in a timely and appropriate manner. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, or require further information on privacy, you are entitled to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
Barbara Wall – Director
Coomera QLD 4209